Saturday, May 2, 2009

Water, Water, Everywhere . . .

This week it has rained every day.  Typical spring weather.

Yesterday it rained over two inches in less than two hours.  Not typical spring weather.

Today . . . we have water in our basement.

Yes, water in our newly, remodeled basement.  The basement that formerly resembled a Silence of the Lambs basement.  The basement that hubby (and I) have been laboring on since Labor Day of last year.  The basement that has a brand new floor that hubby spent a week of his Spring Break to install.  That basement.

 I'll let that sink in for a second.  

You may wonder how I am remaining so calm through this dilemma.

5 letters:

V-O-D-K-A

After a cocktail (or two), I am feeling less like homeownership sucks, and more like, at least its not raw sewage.

What can I say?  You have got to love a girl that can think positively . . .

And make a good screwdriver.

Off to bail out . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, love, love to read your comments!

 

Image: istock photo, Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010