Thursday, May 28, 2009

Better Beware

It is Thursday evening and hubby is golfing his weekly game.

On his way out the door, he threw at me this tidbit, "There's a bet tonight."

"On what? "  I answered.

"On which wife will call and interrupt the last time before we finish our nine holes," he explained.  "The husband whose wife calls last loses the bet."

I rationalized, "So, if I call you in the next hour, it is a safe bet that you will not lose, because surely another wife will call later than me."

He thought about this for a second, with his hand still on the doorknob to leave, and then said, "Yeah, you are pretty safe then.  Bernie's wife called and interrupted at least 3 times last week."

Feeling pretty good that it hadn't been me, I replied, "Is that when you guys instituted this bet?"

Smiling devilishly, he replied as he scooted out the door, "No.  The bet was created after the night that you called me several times about E's t-ball game."  

I could hear him laughing as he walked to the car.



A good wife would feel guilty that she was the cause of a bet about disturbing golf.



I, however, am not a good wife apparently, because, as he chuckled on his way to the car, all I could think about was making a mental note to myself to call him in about 3 hours . . .  just to say that I love him.


I am sure that he will appreciate it!  But if not, his buddies sure will.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, love, love to read your comments!

 

Image: istock photo, Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010