Thursday, May 21, 2009

It's Summertime

Ethan informed me yesterday that Friday was his last day of school.

"Isn't that great Mom?" he gushed.  "It's summertime!" he sang, complements of the High School Musical soundtrack.

I chuckled at his obvious enthusiasm and replied, "Yep E.  Mom is ready for summer!  No more waking up early to get to school."

And without skipping a beat, my little angel replied, "I know!  And you want to know the best part?"

"Sure,"  I answered.

"The best part is that I get to be home all day every day with you!" he answered sincerely.

Yes, dear boy, that is the best . . .

and the worst part, indeed.

Let the summer insanity (and the margaritas) start flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, love, love to read your comments!

 

Image: istock photo, Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010