Saturday, September 19, 2009

Time Keeps on Slipping . . .

Picture day!



And my baby . . . 

My first baby.

Steals my breath away.

 

A long-legged awkward colt, 

Becoming a mare,

Before disbelieving eyes.



Part little girl.

Part young lady.

Part of me.



I grab at time.

But it skips through my fingers.

Laughing and knowing,

That it will always escape my grasp.



Instead,

I grab my girl,

And fiercely hug her,

Smelling her youth and beauty.

And drinking in her loveliness.






****** This photo was taken by a friend, Carmen, of Blink of An Eye Photography.  It was a candid that captured that all encompassing, full of love feeling that I have for Ab.  I also like that I was very pregnant with my other favorite girl, Ellerie.  It is a favorite photo of mine.  Recently, Carmen was asked by Chic Mom magazine to use the photo for its online cover.  I was flattered and of course said yes!  So, hop on by Blink of An Eye Photography or Chic Mom Magazine and check them out!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! That's awesome! You look great, and I love that pic of you and your daughter. Congratulations.

    ~Brenda

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love to read your comments!

 

Image: istock photo, Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010