Thursday, September 17, 2009

Decoding Ellerie

Someday, when I go back to the work force, I am going to put translator on my resume.  Ellerie gave me some translation practice today, in fact, when she barged in on my bath.

"Maaaa!"  she stated emphatically.  "Waaaah peese  beh -yee butt!" as she pointed at my belly.

I understood her perfectly.

Translated, Ellerie's statement reads, "Mom!  There is water in your belly button!"

You see, any water, whether it is a drink of water, a water balloon, or bath water is Wah peese, and since she can't say any l's, belly is beh -yee.  Button is butt, of course.  

There you have it.  Ellerie speak, decoded.

So, if you happen to hear her yell, "Open butt!"  Never fear.

She just wants her buttons unbuttoned or opened, and not her butt literally opened, like Ethan thought.  Sometimes I fear that that boy will never get the nuances of the female language.  

He will be lost like every other man out there!


1 comment:

  1. LOL! I love your kid stories! Thanks for making me laugh ... and thank them too!

    ~Brenda

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love to read your comments!

 

Image: istock photo, Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010