Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Apologies

An Open Letter to the Folks in Section B at Friday Night's Football Game

Dear Fans,

I heartily apologize.  

Hmmmm.  

Exactly what was I thinking bringing my almost 2 year old to the high school football game?  I know.  I know.  My hubby is the coach, and we do live in the community.  Naturally, we like to support him and the team, but I did not factor in the Ellerie effect.

And for that, I am sorry.

I am sorry that your view of the game was obstructed by Ellerie climbing up and down the bleacher stairs. (And me chasing her for that matter!)  I am sorry that you heard, "Ellerie!"  instead of some spirited game chants.  I am sorry that our polite conversations were interrupted by me having to chase after my 2 year old devil.  I am sure that you had some very interesting things to say, but, for the life of me, I could not concentrate.  Forgive me.

Mostly though, I am sorry for the 2nd quarter incident.  I am sorry that when I went after Ellerie for the 37th time, she decided that she had had enough.  I am sorry that as El arched her back and grabbed my shirt in protest, I did not react quickly enough.  

So it follows that I am truly sorry that I exposed my left breast to you, the fans, in Section B.

Yes, it was covered with a bra.  Yes, it was an accident.  Yes, I am embarrassed.

And, I am sorry, sorry, sorry.

Forgive me.

Sincerely,

Annie

P.S.  I will not be bringing Ellerie back next week.




1 comment:

  1. El can be such a delightful imp. This one goes in the baby books. I love it. It could have been worse. In the 70's we did not wear bras.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love to read your comments!

 

Image: istock photo, Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010