Where do I begin? How about on a positive note.
I have won a couple of blog awards!
How cool is that?!?!
I am super excited. Can you tell?
The first award is the Honest Scrap award. I was awarded this by Chell at Nicely Composed and Rayli at 4 kids and a Large Coffee. Without reading these blogs, my day is not nearly complete. I love to read of these ladies' adventures and, well, learn from them and laugh with them. Thank you both for rocking my day!
There are rules for getting this award, and here they are...
* I must present this award to 7 others,
who's blogs I find brilliant in content
and/or design, or those that have
*I must tell those 7 people that they
have been awarded Honest Scrap, and
inform them of these guidelines.
*I must share "10 honest things" about
So, here is my list of 7 that deserve an Honest Scrap Award . . .
7. Hope Studios
Please hop on over to these blogs to check them out!
And now for my 10 honest things about me . . .
1. I often use creative parenting. For instance, El likes to play inside my kitchen cabinet, so I served her lunchthere the other day. I figure . . . what did it hurt?So there were chicken nuggets in with my pots and pans. So what?
2. I love, love, love my kiddies and my hubby. Even when my kids shove things in their noses or when hubby has crazyideas, I am so very thankful and grateful for them every single day. Really. I am.
3. Even though I have my personal trainer's certificate and could certainly kick your butt in a rockin' workout, I still LOVE bad food. Chocolate. Krispy Kremes. Chicken wings. No matter. I workout so that I can eat. Simple as that.
4. I hate laundry. Well, not the loading or sorting, just the folding and putting away. If I could hire someone to do it for me, I would. In a heartbeat.
5. I love remodeling my OLD house. Even when things are knee deep in construction dust and there are power tools in my
kitchen, I don't get discouraged. I get excited! I have a knack for seeing the potential in a project. I can see beauty through crap. It's a gift.
6. I love to be thrifty. I shop garage sales, thrift stores and the like to find things for me and for my home. Just recently I found a brown leather jacket at Goodwill for 3.99 that is
too cute (If I do say so myself!), and my dining room table I got at a going out of business sale for 98 dollars. Score!
7. I am not a morning person. At all. Ever. If I could sleep every day until 10am, I would. But, I am a mom, and therefore, I can not.
8. My hubby is my best friend. Don't get me wrong. We argue. We bicker. We are not Ken and Barbie. I drive him crazy with eggshells in the sink, and he drives me crazy when he boy-looks (not girl-looks . . . which, of course, is the correct wayto look for an object) for something in the cabinet. But, he is still the person that I will always pick tospend time with if I have any extra. He makes me laughevery day. I am grateful for him and for our marriage.
9. My birthday is on Halloween and I love, love, love that holiday. I still dress up. I know. You think that I am crazy. That's OK. I'll live with it.
10. I love competition and I am a fierce competitor. If I see you at Monday night trivia, I may take you down. Just saying.
So there you have it. I will save the 2nd award for the next post as Ellerie has just
dumped a 5000 piece puzzle on my living room carpet.
To be continued . . .
PS I do not know what is going on with the spacing on this post. I have redone it approximately 5 times with no luck. So sorry it is hard to read!