Thursday, June 11, 2009

This Little Piggy . . .

I had a great first summer vacation afternoon.  It was raining, but hubby came up with the perfect idea.  "Why don't you go get a pedicure and get your toes pretty for summer?"  Now, normally I would answer hubby when he asks me a question, but this time I had my purse and keys and was out the door before he said the word summer.  I was afraid he might change his mind.

As I was escaping leaving, Ab piped up, "Hey mom?  Can I come too?"

I hesitated.  I am a little protective of pedicure time, but, she too has cute little piggies that needed some dire attention, so I did the only thing that I could.  I shared my pedi time.  I know.  I know.  I am growing.  I am sharing.  (This is soooooo unlike me!)

So, we had our tootsies pampered to honor the start of summer.  I chose a red wine color which I thought was very appropriate for the summer-relaxing-wine-drinking evenings on my deck.
Ab chose a bluey-grey and then had a flower painted on top.  Super cute!


We each had a frozen drink complements of the local barrista, and Ab even had whipped cream.  All in all, it was a lovely, girly afternoon.

We are now officially ready for summer. (Clearly, we could not be official until our toes were painted summery hues!)
 
The other little pebbles in our family are ready too!



Look!  It's a movie star avoiding the paparazzi!




And, check out who is sporting a new summer do.  Personally,  I just love, love, love the ears!!

Oooh!  I could eat them all up.   

I think that I will.

1 comment:

I love, love, love to read your comments!

 

Image: istock photo, Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010