Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Flabulous!

I had to run errands yesterday so I decided to bring Ab along.  It is always nice to grab a little one on one time with my kiddies.  She and I hopped in the car, but before we departed, we waved good-bye to the rest of the family. 

That's when she said it.

"Mom, why is your arm doing that?"  she questioned.

Not knowing what in the world she could be talking about I answered, "Doing what, Ab?"

She quickly replied, "Well, when you are waving to dad, the bottom part is jiggling."

Horrified I screeched, "Jiggling?!?!?"

Sensing my hysteria and trying to assuage the situation she countered, "Well, not really jiggling, just moving back and forth."

Personally, I think that jiggling may be better than waving back and forth when it comes to flabby triceps.

I was quiet for a few moments pondering this new tidbit of information.  Information that I probably would have never discovered on my own.  Correction.  Information that would have made me happy never to discover. (There is a reason why the phrase 'Ignorance is Bliss' is popular with moms.)

Ab's quiet voice brought me back to reality.  "Mom, should I have not said anything?"

At that moment, I made a decision.  I sucked it up.  I smiled, and then I said, "Well, Ab I suppose that if I can't be fabulous,  then I'll have to settle for flabulous."

She giggled.  Then I giggled.  And  pretty soon we both had tears in our eyes from laughing. 

Then I realized something.  You can't be vain when you are a mom.  Because if you are, all of your little problems will be magnified and broadcast to the world in all of their flabulous glory. . . complements of the ones that love you the most. 

But in their eyes, they see the fabulous and not the flab.

Thank goodness.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, love, love to read your comments!

 

Image: istock photo, Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010