Thursday, January 6, 2011

This Chunk is For You!

I don't do resolutions.

Never have.

It is not that I have anything against resolutions.  It is just that I know me.  If I make a broad, sweeping,  statement about what I want to do,   I just know that I won't do it.

Case in point,  if I resolved at 12:01 am on January 1st to eat healthier in the upcoming year, that resolution would be shot to hell when  at 8 am that next morning I turn on two wheels into the Krispy Kreme parking lot because the Hot Now sign is flashing.

google images

Sad, but true.

I operate better with smaller, concrete goals.  Something that I can write down.  Something along the lines of . . . I will buy at least three vegetables at the grocery store on the next trip.

Ignore the fact that I probably will not eat all of those veggies.  Just saying.

So, even though I want to run a half marathon, (I know.  I know.  I have been checked.  I am not crazy.) I will not resolve to run a marathon.  Instead, I downloaded a training schedule and I transferred the training numbers to my calendar. Instead of a marathon looming over my head, I now know that on such and such a day I have to run three miles, and when I accomplish that I will look ahead to my next small goal.

I am just chunking it up a bit.

And . . . it is good. 



google images

Think Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey.  Holy Yum!




lauraknauth.com
Or Chunk from the Goonies.  Too Cute!!





spanalaskasales.com

Or chunky peanut butter . . . ummmm, hello?  Delish!




So, 2011 is my year of the chunk.

Here's to being chunky!


I am linking to Mama Kat and her Writer's Workshop.  Hop on over there and check out some more fun resolving posts.

8 comments:

  1. Great idea. I don't normally do resolutions either. Don't want that looming over my head or the sense of failure when I don't make it. Although I did make a quasi resolution this year... more like a commitment. I am going to try to post on my blog EVERY day this year.

    Stopping by from mama Kat's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!

    Cheers, to the chuck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do resolutions either as I have NO willpower. I like your attitude.

    And Ben & Jerry's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am ging to have to watch goonies tonight. It's all your fault. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that resolution!! Yummy peanut butter, I have major weakness for that stuff.

    stopping by from sits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your approach ... small concrete goals are more doable than broad sweeping sure to fail resolutions. Now did someone say "Chunky Monkey"?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, Chunk. My kids get a kick out of the whole confession scene. Funny.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love to read your comments!

 

Image: istock photo, Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010