10 Reasons Why Being a Stay At Home Mom Rocks!
1. I get to pick which superhero that I want to be . . . first. ('Cause I'm in charge.) Depending on my mood (or my PMS level), I can join the dark side and be Darth Vader or if I am climbing the walls, I can be Spiderman. My favorite is Mrs. Incredible because, let's face it, she's elastic girl, and what mom wouldn't love that superpower?
2. I get to pick what's for dinner. So, even if I don't bring home the bacon, I still get to fry it up in the pan, nightly, if I want. And, breakfast for dinner is, well, yum!
3. I get to play CSI when I find a dark spot on the carpet. I swab at it, sniff it, and then finally, taste it. (And, FYI, smooshed dark chocolate tastes just as good as unsmooshed dark chocolate.)
4. I get the opportunity to hear my own voice over and over all day long. And, who wouldn't want to hear their own voice all day long?
5. I get to take baths with boats, Dora the Explorer, and a stray kid or two. Daily. Bubbles are purely optional. They do, however, enhance the experience.
6. I get to laugh at Martha Stewart's idea of a "good" home. A good home is not perfectly clean and decorated. Instead, it is a place that has smudgy fingerprints on the wall and glitter in the cracks of the wood floors. It is a place where laughter is heard and hearts are warm. That's a "good" home, Martha!
7. And speaking of glitter . . .I get to make huge messes with glitter and glue and sparkles, and I have the kids and their art time as an excuse.
8. I get to play. Yesterday, we had a water fight in the back yard. Enough said.
9. I get paid in hugs and tickles and sloppy wet kisses. And, payday is every day.
10. I get to experience the world and all of its wonder through my kids' eyes, and that, my friends, is priceless!
*****I am linking this to Mama Kat today! Hop on over to read more prompts. :) Go on. Go!