Monday, August 24, 2009

Waxing Nostalgic for Summer


Goodbye my summer. . .

Goodbye to 

sleeping in . . .

playing at the park . . .

(Ab at the spray park.)

picnicking . . .

swimming . . .

and

morning quiet that lasted for hours.



Hello school days . . .

Hello to . . .

waking up with an alarm . . .

walking to class . . .

packing lunches . . .

packing bookbags . . .

and

morning noise that disturbs my coffee time.


Sigh.

I need a pan of brownies to get me through. 


**** Please indulge me for being summertime nostalgic.  I love summer, and although it is not technically over, school begins tomorrow, so summertime freedom is over.  ( This post is part of I heart Faces, nostalgia week.)



2 comments:

  1. If you moved home to Florida, you could have summer everyday.

    Worth a shot.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, mom. And, my kids could get bused to school and have 40 kids in their classrooms. I could buy a condo to live in instead of a home with a yard and a basement. I could deal with hurricanes, mosquitos, and inflated home and car insurances. Personally, I'll stay here.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love to read your comments!

 

Image: istock photo, Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010