Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Glimmer of Hope



I am starting to see the vision.

Yesterday, hubby and I continued work on our kitchen remodel project. Thus far there has been lots of dust, lots of unexpected problems, and lots of colorful language. An experience to say the least.

But, yesterday, we were given a glimmer of hope. After layers of who-knows-how-old linoleum and splintered sub-floors . . .




we found the original hard wood floors of our 1927 kitchen in pretty fabulous shape considering 80 plus years of wear and tear.




It was just the little gift that we needed to keep plodding onward. That tiny floor discovery put huge smiles on both of our faces. Just like a sometimes golfer that hits a fabulous tee shot and makes a rare birdie, we are just as encouraged to keep working to find our next beautiful shot, our next birdie.

Hooray!

I am off to remove staples from the floor. Hubby will be sanding his drywall and hopefully this week I will get to painting the newly formed pantry.

It is a long road ahead, but I can see the potential, and it will be beautiful!



3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love hardwood floors! Those really are in good shape!! Happy restoration! ;-)

    ~Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you wer so happy! I may have cried a little!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it when we get little surprises like that! My parents home had some great wood floors hiding under the ugly carpet.

    Good luck with your remodel.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love to read your comments!

 

Image: istock photo, Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010