Thursday, May 5, 2011

This Oven WAS NOT Full of Lovin'

I was a naive teenager.

I'll admit it.

I was the girl that thought that when Madonna sang Like a Virgin, she was talking about the Virgin Mary. 

I was the girl that had no idea what Frankie was really talking about when he sang Relax . . . Don't Do It, When You Wanna Come.

Yep.

That was me.

So when I had my first job at a local pizza place, I suspected nothing amiss.  I eagerly swallowed the story that the only size work shirt that the shop had left for me was an extra small.  I readily believed my boss and his son as he handed over my uniform, and I left feeling great that I would start my new job the next Friday evening.

A new job and free pizza?  Seriously, what more could a teenager want?

Apparently,  I could have taken the lead from The Wizard of Oz's scarecrow and wished for a brain.
Because I certainly wasn't using my brain when I showed up for my shift wearing my way too small t-shirt uniform with the words Luv'n Oven emblazoned across my boobs.

Naive?

Yes.

Clueless?

Most definitely.

The bright side?

I made loads of tips that I am now sure were not because of my smile.



********Linking to Mama Kat's . . .****************

18 comments:

  1. I love it! I think I need to get one of those shirts. ;) Glad you got some good tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL hilarious. Do you have any pictures of you in that shirt? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure those tips were from your wonderful smile and charming personality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! Gotta make those tips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! And I am certain that was all the boys though, too ;) great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Too much. At least the tips were good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's probably better this way! You could smile without feeling awkward or self-conscious! They do say ignorance is bliss, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny! At least you made good tips!! If it makes you feel better, it took me years before I realized what "papa don't preach" was about!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! I was a scoop girl for a local ice cream place. It was interesting...

    Please say you saved the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was an ice cream girl at one of the local golf clubs when I was in college. My boss actually said to us that if we wore a short skirt we'd get better tips.

    She was right. I paid the rent on my apartment for the entire summer with those tips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't thought about that song "Relax" since the 80's, so I just had a little light bulb moment. Duh.

    Wasn't it nice when we could earn a couple of bucks for our boobs working in a pizza place? Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! I woulda died. Maybe the tips woulda given me courage?

    Visiting from Mama Kats =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can totally relate! I was a little on the naive side too. Bravo for wearing the shirt and congrats on the tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Luv'n Oven - oh, good lord. But I can relate. I was (am?) just as naive. Speaking of oven, what exactly IS a dutch oven? Nevermind. Don't answer that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. when i was a pre teen, i thought a blow job was when a boy takes a hairdryer and blows it up a woman's you know where :) Melissa: http://thepoopofothers.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh the days of Luv'n Oven and Landlubbers.....

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love to read your comments!

 

Image: istock photo, Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010