Saturday, April 17, 2010

Lingering a Little Longer

There are moments when I am sure that hubby has considered killing me.

Yesterday was one of them.

Let me set the scene . . .

Ethan is 5 and will be starting kindergarten this fall. In order to do that, he needs to go through kindergarten screening, and I need to make him an appointment to do so. Since my husband is a teacher and coach and works in the school system, the secretary at the kindergarten school sent hubs a friendly reminder emailq.

He replied to her, "Thanks for the reminder. Annie will make the appointment today."
He copied me on the email to give me a heads up.

So far. So good.

I received the email, and I fired back a reply.

Honey-
I already made the appointment when I read your email.
By the way, it is 8:50, you left an hour ago, and the bathroom STILL STINKS. That is sooooo wrong.
Do you want to have a date tonight?
Love, Annie

I think he may have chuckled a bit at my email, because you know, men like anything that has to do with poop or other gross bodily functions. He may have even been a bit proud of the fact that he polluted a room for an entire 60 minutes. Or, he could have been distracted by the fact that I asked him out for a date. I really do not know what was going on in his mind.

But, I do know that he replied to my reply.

And, here is where it gets interesting.

Because I was not the original recipient of the email, and my address was only in the copy line, hubby's reply and my previous reply, not only came back to me . . . they also went to the lovely school secretary.

Yes.

That's right.

The secretary now knows that hubs has a potent and powerful stink ass.

And, now you do too.


I know.

I know.

Your welcome.

*****And side note to hubs . . . if you are already suffering from a little public embarrassment, I figure, what's a little more? -Smooches!

4 comments:

  1. My, oh my, that is TOOOOOO hilarious! And why is it that men LOVE to know they have stunk up a room. It starts at a young age.... my boys think it is great to fart as close to another person as they can...ugh!! Let's just say I stay clear of my boys' rooms for as long as I can in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family is notorious for hitting "reply all" instead of "reply." Like, when my daughter was born, they sent out numerous emails welcoming "the little filly" to my boss, my coworkers, friends from high school, etc. Gotta love family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so funny! I laugh at others' email blunders all the time, but I should stop b/c no doubt I will commit my own soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have come oh so close to making similar mistakes way to many time...especially late at night, when I tend to be answering emails and reading blogs. I am pretty sure my hubby wants to kills me for other reasons.

    Thanks for stopping by on my SITS Day.

    Holly
    504 Main

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love to read your comments!

 

Image: istock photo, Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010