I've had a rough couple of days.
Just since Friday of last week, the following have occurred :
1. I have inadvertently sent an email to the school secretary about my husband's butt. (See Lingering a Little Longer and you will know what I mean.)
2. I have sent Ethan to his T-ball pictures with his baseball pants on backwards. Yes. I did. You would think that I didn't even look at the kid before we left the house, and you would be right. The word Wilson written on his back pocket was blazoned just to the right of his belly button, and his reinforced shin pads were on his calves. At least we will have photographic evidence. That, and we provided many, many parents a hearty laugh.
3. While driving, I leaned my forearm on the steering wheel at a stoplight. This caused me to accidentally beep my horn. Not too terribly embarrassing, you say. Well, take note. There was a police car in front of me.
4. While leaning over to help Ellerie use the potty at the park, my favorite sunglasses fell off my head and into the public toilet (YUCK!) and through El's stream of pee (DOUBLE EWWW!). After a few choice uses of vocabulary, I fished the glasses out of the throne, washed them off in the sink with soap and water and then wrapped them in a paper towel. Take heart you fellow germ-a-phobes. Later, at home, I disinfected them, thoroughly.
5. I have watched helplessly as Ellerie took bouncy handballs from a store display, and threw them systematically down the aisle at the store while I was held up checking out at the register. By the time I got to her, she was laughing hysterically and clapping her hands together while hundreds of balls bounced merrily around her. It took me, Ethan, and 3 sales people to retrieve all of the balls amid many scowls (from them) and many apologies (from me).
6. I have watched as Ellerie spilled her purple grape juice on the carpet and then remarked, "Shit!" Probably a word that she heard from the incident number 4 listed above.
7. I have sent Ab to school on spring picture day with bed head, a stained shirt and a slightly too short pair of pants.
And . . . that's all I can remember for now, but really, aren't these enough?