Thursday, October 21, 2010

One Reason to Wear Clean Underwear . . . Revisited

This post is originally from March of 2010, but considering Mama Kat's wardrobe malfunction prompt, I thought that it was more than appropriate.  Enjoy!  And, if you get the chance, hop on over to Mama Kat's and read some more wardrobe malfunctions. :)



Have you ever had one of those moments where you think to yourself, "This can't be happening to me?"

No?

Then, you should probably quit reading. You are perfect, and I probably hate you. (Not really, but, you know, hate is like a little bit of sugar. It just helps you swallow things that much easier.)

And really, after today's moment, I will probably need a truck full of sugar to step foot in the gym again.

You see, after arriving at the gym and depositing El at the playroom, I made my way to the cubbies to remove all of my extra clothes I was wearing. (Of course, all of these extra clothes would be completely unnecessary if Jack Frost would just die, but that is another post entirely.) First, I stripped off my hat and gloves. Then, I peeled off my husband's comfy sweatshirt leaving me in my favorite teal workout tee. Finally, I pulled my warm ups down and off haphazardly yanking them over my tennies. It was then that I first noticed the draft on my legs.

And, instantly, my heart stopped and my face turned a lovely shade of crimson.

Not only had I pulled off my warmups, but in my haste to get to my workout, I had also pulled off my workout shorts in the process.

Yes.

I was standing in the middle of the gym with a cute workout tee, tennies, and my exposed panties for all the world to see.


My first thought?

At least I do not have on my granny panties! Whew!!

And the second?

How many people are witnessing this right now?

As it turns out, while I was hurriedly putting my shorts back on, I darted my eyes around the facility and noticed that 1) It was quite empty, and 2) No one seemed to notice that I had, in fact, mooned the patrons with my black panties.

Although, I am not sure of this fact in the least. It is possible that I may be on some employee bulletin board later this week, but, I digress.

The worst part about this is that ( and I am embarrassed to actually write this down), this is not the first time that I have de-pantsed myself in public.

I know. I know.

You think that I would have learned to be a bit more careful.

Although, the last time that it happened, I am absolutely positive that there were witnesses to my mortification.

How, you ask?

The last time that I pulled my warm ups off, complete with my shorts too, I was up in front of the gym classroom, teaching the step aerobics class.

Try to live that one down!

Thank God I was wearing clean undies . . . both times!

13 comments:

  1. Hi! Your thumbnail was above mine on Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop page. So I came from there to read your post. Very funny! It makes me think I should toss all my granny panties and just wear decent ones from now on, in case this happens to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that's a good one! Hopefully for your sake, there will no be a third time! I chose the same prompt- stopping by from Mama Kat's

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, and I would have thought the panties were just uber-short workout shorts. Just stopping by via Mama Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Found you though Mama Kat's Workshop. Oh that's funny! I can totally picture that too. You had me at "Jack Frost would just die". Awesome quote! While I have never had a similar experience, i am young and I am sure that I will.. : )
    Check me out at http://leahainla.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I'm trying to be mortified for you but I can't stop laughing!
    stopping by from Mama Kat's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME!!!! I love embarassing stories :) Especially when they dont happen to me - i have enough of my own! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! I can't believe you pulled this stunt twice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! You did that twice! OH geez! Hopefully you have learned your lesson by now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my lord I love this one, but my favorite comment is "(Of course, all of these extra clothes would be completely unnecessary if Jack Frost would just die, but that is another post entirely.)"...HILARIOUS! We are just beginning to really feel wintery around here and I hate it! So thank you for the wonderful belly laugh on that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It could have been worse, at least you were wearing underwear! I did the same prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAHAHAHA, girl! That is SOOOOOOOOOOOO funny!!! Your blog is seriously so awesome! LOVE this story!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's stories like these that make me want to never wear granny panties again! Beautiful lace only. haha

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love to read your comments!

 

Image: istock photo, Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010