This past week . . .
1. I confess that I broke the Thou Shall Not Steal commandment. Apparently, I stole a white towel from our last hotel stay, although, I do not remember stealing a towel. (Perhaps I am a kleptomaniac?!? Is it still theft if I do not recall the stealing?!?) The discovery was made when I toweled off after a shower and noticed the word POOL written by a black sharpie on the bottom of my towel.
2. I confess that I do not feel the least bit guilty that I apparently stole the pool towel. With the prices that hotels charge lately, they are lucky that I didn't make off with the comforters, pillows, and drapery. ( $5 for a bottled water from the fridge?! Really?! They have to put that in writing on a price list, because if they were to verbally quote the price to the customer, there is no way that they could do it with a straight face.)
3. I confess that after this week's ER drama with Ellerie, I didn't have the heart to inflict more pain on the poor girl, so I did not attempt to comb the rat's nest that is her everyday hair for the past two days. Consequently, Ellerie is toddling around on a purple leg cast and sporting a do that is reminiscent of Bill Murray's comb over in the movie King Pin.
It is not pretty, but she is blissfully ignorant of its hideousness.
4. I confess that I am secretly happy that Ellerie broke her foot, because it gives me a valid excuse to skip the gym. (She can't be in the gym nursery and be immobile.) Instead, I am having fun decorating my house for Christmas.
5. Which leads me to my next confession. I ate 47 red and green M&M's this evening before I ate dinner. (Yes. I counted.) No reason really. They were just there, so I just ate them. (And, yes. They were soooooo yummy! Thanks for asking.)
6. Which reminds me that I must confess that I did a Krispy Kreme drive-thru run through today. After a traveling holiday, an ER visit, Black Friday, an 8 year old with a feverish virus, and a 2 year old with a leg cast, I think that I deserved it. (Can anyone say stress eater?) I held myself to only two of those sweet, delicious puffs of fat and flour to get my fix. I call that a good day.
7. I confess that I have found at least 5 gray hairs on the left side of my head in the past week. I do not believe in gray hair. I will probably only go gray someday if I am kicking and screaming. So I did one of the only things that I could do. I plucked those puppies right out. I confess that I did consider doing my other quick fix, coloring them with a sharpie marker, but I only had black and neon pink, neither of which would have looked attractive on my mop. If I had had a red or perhaps even an orange sharpie, I probably would have attempted it.
Anything you want to confess? I am thinking of making this a weekly link up.
*****pic by virgin media*******